News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

This is me

Started by chrisd, 2009-05-11 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisd

Thanks Art.

We should be starting our next treatment within the week.  We are staying positive about it as always.

I will keep you all posted as things progress.

Chris

mensfe_admin

From all here Chriss Good luck with the forthcoming FET

chrisd

Right then, its all steam ahead and back on the trail.

Off to the clinic on Monday for initial scans and looks like it will be about 10-12 days until transfer.

Strange one this though as I have to do nothing since we are using frozen embryo's my job is done.  Couple of drinks are called for tonight.

Chris

art

Good luck Chris. Must be odd having nothing to do yourself this time.

MWW is a week into the "down regulation" drugs, so we're a few weeks behind you.

chrisd

Hi All

Art, luckily we are on a naturel cycle so no drugs needed for the better half except the final one that everyone has to take to induce.

Just got back from the clinic and all is looking good, we are back on Friday as they have to check when T is ovulating so they can match her cycle.

We have also signed the consent forms to have the final 2 embryo's transferred at once, we understand the risk of a multiple birth but we want as much of a chance as possible, also as we lost 2 embryo's during thawing last time we think doing this is the best option.

So its all steam ahead AGAIN.  This is our 4th treatment cycle, (a failed IVF, Failed IUI and a Failed egg donation transfer) we are praying for a good outcome.  Hopefully it is our time now.

Chris

art

Keeping fingers crossed for you Chris!

chrisd

We went to the clinic on Saturday morning for bloods and scans and found out that transfer day is Wednesday.  I had to give the final injection to T on Saturday evening.

So now it is praying time that both the embryo's survive the thaw, we will get a call on Wednesday morning to tell us how the little ones are doing and what time we have to go up for transfer.

Chris

matthew

Hey Chris,

Hope all went well with the thawing process.  Best wishes to you

Matt

chrisd

Hi All

Just a quickie to let you all know that both embryos survived the thaw and were really good quality, we are now on the 2ww so fingers crossed all goes well.

Chris

matthew

Great news Chris!  Is it going too far to get a load of rabbit feet and horsehoes and hang them all over the house?

Probably...

But best of luck to you both :)

Matt

chrisd

Thanks Matt

We are trying to stay positive but my wonderful lady is suffering with a really bad back as of yesterday and did not sleep a wink last night, I am really worried about her as she thinks it might have a knock on effect with the treatment.

She is resting today in bed so hopefully she will feel a bit better when I get home, I hope so as she was in agony last night and this morning.

Chris

art

Hope she's feeling a bit better now. MWW's had a fever and aches which come from a virus that happens to have hit at the same time as our first cycle. Damn annoying timing and obviously she's worried about knock-on impacts too.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

chrisd

Thanks Art.

She is still the same unfortunately but at least she is managing to get some sleep now.

I have found out this morning I am an Uncle again, this is my fifth official but unofficially my 9th.  I have 2 nephews and 3 neices but my cousins children are like like nephews and neices to me, there is also another official one due in 2 months and unofficial one in 3 months. Confusing I know but welcome to the world of Irish Catholic desendents.

I have mixed feelings at the moment as I am pleased my nephew is fit and healthy and I am an uncle again but very jealous that it isnt us who are having the joy of a new born baby, but hopefully that is only a short time away.

Chris 

matthew

Sorry to hear that Chris, I hope she is better very soon and that her fears are unfounded.  It must be very worrying though.

Let us know how she is doing :)

Matt

chrisd

Hi all. Well I have something I want to share with you all, my wonderful, beautiful and amazing fiance is pregnant. We found out this afternoon and are both over the moon. As with Matt its early days and the HCG is 108, we are back for more tests next week but as you can guess we are totally buzzing with excitement. After 5 years we finally have the news we have been praying for. Now for the next 9 months. I'll keep you all posted. Chris