News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

This is me

Started by chrisd, 2009-05-11 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

art

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Chris!

robbyb

Good luck, Chris.
I hated the dreaded 2ww. We had a couple of scares in the middle of some of our waits, primarily because we were jumping at shadows. I hope the wait for the two of you is entirely uneventful.

So, what, you find out around the 17th?

Good luck, buddy,
Rob

chrisd

Hi Rob

So far so good, T has been feeling good and all seems to be ok.

Because the embryo was 2 days old when it was transferred we will find out on 15th, I dont have any leave left but T has been signed off for 2 weeks so I need to speak to my boss today and see about taking some unpaid leave, if its good then we will want to celebrate together and if bad then we want to be there for each other. So far work has been brilliant with us so hope that stays the same.

1 week to go.

Chris

chrisd

Thanks Art fingers are crossed.

robbyb

How's it going, Chris?

chrisd

Hi Rob

Things are going well thanks pal apart from me rupturing a muscle in my stomach and floating high on Co-Codermol.

Tracy has been in good spirits and I am feeling optimistic too (but not overly).

We find out on Tuesday so fingers crossed but so far apart from occasional heartburn Tracy has been feeling well.

Hope you, your wife and the twins are doing well.

Chris

robbyb

Well, I've got my fingers crampingly crossed as well.
I really hope this is the time for you and Tracy.

art

Sounds positive Chris. Fingers still crossed for you here.

chrisd

Hi all

The 2 week wait is over and we have now found out that after all the hope and wonder and excitement we now now the result.

It was a big fat negative.   G U T T E D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had so much hope and optisism for this but now I dont now how to feel.

4 yrears and still no cigar.

I wish I could put into words how I feel like I know Rob can but on her I am not that articulate, speak to me in person and I am like Nelson Mandela but typing not so much.

We are both devestated but I still hope that the future holds happier times.

But for now I have a bottle called Vodka with my name on it so I intend to drown my sorrys and Tracy's too.

Chris

art

Really sorry to hear that Chris.

Thoughts are with you both, and hopes for happier times to come.

robbyb

Oh, Chris. I am so sorry to hear that.
It's just undeniably, categorically and unfairly sh1t.
My thoughts are with you and Tracy.

I truly hope you get there next time.

Take care, and go easy on the vodka.

Rob

chrisd

Sorry I have not been on here much but we have been trying to sort out a plan of action as welll as getting over the disapointment of everything but I will update you all on what the next step is soon.

Chris

chrisd

Hi all

Sorry I have been away for so long but we have been doing a lot of soul searching and thinking and I havent really been in the right place to be posting.

I just wanted to let you know that we have a consultation tomorrow with the clinic, the plan is that we are hoping to have the 2 remaining embryo's that we have implanted on the Mrs's next cycle which should be about 3 weeks.

We are putting all of our eggs into one basket now and have decided that we have to use both embryo's at once to give us the best possible chance as the last time we lost 2 embryo's in the thawing process. We just hope that both survive this and we can have them both together.  If it works amazing but if not then we have decided to go abroad.

We have decided that this year we are going to really go for it, if all fails then we really dont know as our finances couldnt strech to anymore.

We have just heard of someone in our situation who had given up treatment and all hope of a pregnancy only to fall pregnant naturally so we will never give up hope.

This last year has really put a strain on us phsyically, mentally, emotionally and personally but we remain strong for each other and I will always be the eternal optimist.

I will keep you informed when and if we have any news.

All the best mensfe'rs.

Chris

matthew

Hi Chris,

Just joined today and have to say reading your story really inspired me.  You're persistance has been amazing and I'm so sorry that things haven't worked out.

Best of luck and I hope June is a good month for anyone going for IVF.

Matt

art

Hope things go well this time Chris, and that one or both of the embryos take.

Some friends of ours have just confirmed that they're going for overseas treatment (albeit managed by a UK clinic) as they need a donated egg, and these are easier to get overseas in places like Spain. The key thing they've been told is that because donors are paid and anonymous even once any children reach adulthood, there are many egg donors in their late teens and early twenties, as opposed to a typical UK donor in their thirties and going through IVF themselves, which gives much better quality eggs.