News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

My Secondary Infertility

Started by art, 2011-02-22 23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

matthew

Absolutely mate, hope you get the news you're longing for in two weeks!

Fingers crossed for the embryo freezing too!

Matt

art

They were able to freeze two, which is great news. :)

matthew

Great news Art, best wishes for your results.

Matt

chrisd

Fantastic news Art.

I hope your wife is taking it easy and you are to, I know how long the 2ww feels.

Good luck to you both.

Chris

art

Thanks Chris and Matt.

MWW is taking things as easy as she can, but it's not easy with her Mum being ill so in and out of hospital. Hopefully she's been able to have enough relaxing time to give the embryo the best possible chance of implanting...but we just have to wait until the 18th to find out!

art

Damn, this two week wait is hard, isn't it? :(

MWW's been having a few odd pains and cramps, which don't seem promising, but we've just got to keep waiting and keep fingers crossed. She's due to have a blood test first thing Monday, with the results available around lunchtime, assuming no bleed before that...

chrisd

Hi Art

Dont count it off just yet, it could be implantation cramping, a lot of the symptons of a period are similar to early pregnancy.

Good luck, I have everything crossed for you.

Chris

art

Wa-hey!  ;D

In case it wasn't obvious from that first response....we had the test today, and it was positive! :) MWW has really oscillated from positive to really down about it all, then back up to feeling good this morning when the blood was taken, but having just had the phone call to say that it's positive with HCG of 397, which is really positive (might even be twins!).

Over the moon right now. Must be something magic about this forum, for all three of us to get positives within a few days of each other.

chrisd

That is absolutely brilliant Art.

I am so pleased for you and such a good HCG level. 

I am so pleased for you both, there certainly must be something in the air at the moment.

Chris

art

Thanks Chris.

The one thing that I hope is that a few more new people come along to the forum so that it continues to have a few active people on it. It wouldn't have been the same without you, Matthew and Robby going through the same things. I wonder why so many more women seem to post on ivillage and the various other fourms that MWW has used, compared with the men who post here....

matthew

Art, that is fantastic news! (sorry for the delay)

When is your scan?

You must be feeling incredible right now. I'm so pleased that all three of us have had good news. A testament to modern medicine and this forum.

If you are reading this and you're hesitating to post, do it. It really is good to share the highs and lows with.

Keep us updated Art!
Matt

art

Feeling a little down at the moment, as we (foolishly) did one of those Clearblue digital tests at the weekend, expecting it to say "Pregnant, 3+ Weeks" and it showed "Pregnant, 2-3 Weeks" which suggests slightly low levels of HCG. MWW was a bit worried by that and we did another test yesterday, which still said "Pregnant, 2-3 Weeks".  :-\

She's spoken to Clearblue, our clinic and the local hospital's "Early Pregnancy Unit", none of whom were particularly useful, and I think we just need to keep waiting. Our scan is in about ten days, so that will be conclusive, but I think we'll probably do another test this weekend. If it's showing "1-2 Weeks" then we know things have not worked this time round (although hopefully it'll say "3+ Weeks" and we'll all be happy again!).

chrisd

Please dont worry too much Art, low levels of HCG can still lead to a succesfull pregnancy.

I wouldnt worry too much, just try to stay positive and I would actually advise not to do a test at the weekend as it could lead to stress and that may have a bad impact on little Art, just try to be positive for eachother and be hopeful.

Chris

art

Thanks Chris.

I know that we should try to avoid worrying about it, but it's difficult.

It's hard to know whether to do a test or not. A positive outcome would really relieve a lot of stress and worry, a so-so outcome would continue it, and a bad answer would be very depressing. If only I could know the outcome before testing!  :)

matthew

Hi Art,

When we had our pregnancy result our HCG level was 125, yours was 397 so I really wouldn't worry.  Our consultant was really pleased with that initial score.  From what we were told (this may differ person to person too) that over 100 was great for the initial pregnancy test and that around 1000 was good for the next test (ours was 997 or something). 

How accurate are clearblue when it comes to giving the time of conception anyway?  I can imagine it could be a week out or so.  Most people would be using in diffferent circumstances and might just need a ballpark figure (i.e. not having gone through IVF with such a definite conception date), then they'd get checked at the doctor and be given a more accurate date anyway.  I'm sure the next scan will give you good news.

We didn't realise that tests could be an indicator of HCG levels.  We kept away from them in the initial two week wait as a friend of my wife said her's didn't say they were pregnant until two days before the results day so they were stressed and upset in the run up.  Ignorance is bliss I think then when you get good news it feels fantastic!

If you do decide to do another test, I hope it gives you both the peace of mind you need :)

Matt