News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

Our story to date

Started by matthew, 2011-05-26 20:58

Previous topic - Next topic

matthew

Thanks Chris.

Had second blood test yesterday. Hormone levels now at 988. Docs are very pleased so we are too!

art

Great news! Glad to hear all is on track.

chrisd

Thats brilliant news Matt. We have our on Monday. Will be so much happier after that. Are you at Jessops? You never know we could have been Sat next to each other at some stage.

matthew

Thanks fellas.

Yes Chris we are at Jessops so who knows?  ;)

Our next step is to go for a scan to check if the pregnancy is ectopic.
Apparently a give away can be when hormone levels fluctuate a lot.

art

Will keep my fingers crossed that the scan goes well and doesn't show an ectopic.

matthew

Thanks Art. Hoping we all get good news with our next appointments!

chrisd

Hope you and your wife are feeling good Matt.

Chris

chrisd

Hi Matt

I hope your scan went well, we have ours tomorrow.

All the best.

Chris

matthew

Hi all, apologies for the lack of contact, busy times at work and at home. Visitors up to stay, DIY madness etc!

Thanks for your good wishes. The scan went great and we are in the same position as Chris, I am pleased to report. Midwife comes round on Monday morning and we have been discharged from the Assisted Conception Unit!

We also saw the baby's heartbeat which is a fantastic, overwhelming experience. Again we're waiting till 12 weeks to inform the public at large, we are 8 weeks as of today. The due date is two days before my wife's birthday so a funny little coincidence there!

Just trying to savour every day of this time as we've wanted it so badly.

Best of luck to you all out there!

chrisd

Hi Matt

That is fantastic news, I am over the moon for you.

Chris

chrisd

I hope the appointment with the midwife went well.

We are off to the doc's after work today so hopefully the midwife visit wont be too far away.

matthew

Thanks Chris and Art

Saw the MW on Monday. It was an initial chat, we got the big pregnancy book from the NHS plus we were asked about family histories etc. Only medical thing was to check blood pressure.

Next appointment is the 12 week scan. We've been quite calm about it all recently but I doubt that will last!

Matt

matthew

Got 12 week scan a week tomorrow. Hopefully all will be progressing nicely. Looking forward to telling the world shortly afterwards! Hope all is well with everyone :)

chrisd

Ignore my last message, I read your post wrong.

Good luck with the scan today Matt.

All the best.
Chris

matthew

Hey all,

12 week scan went really well.  Baby is wiggling around and could see arms and legs!  It wasn't lying the right way so we had to go for a walk to see if it would move and then go back but it wasn't co-operating (My wife says it must be a boy as it takes after his Dad - nice)!  This meant we couldn't do the usual check for Downs but will be having a blood test at 15 weeks anyway which should give us some indication.

We also saw a consultant (after an hour and a half wait - all told we were in the hospital for about 4 hours!) as we were IVF and she said we get an additional scan at 32 weeks as IVF can lead to increased risk of premature birth and other complications.  The 32 week scan should give us some warning of this I hope.

Have now been telling extended family and friends who have all been really excited for us and it really feels like I'm living in a bubble at the moment.  Keep welling up at random moments!

Hope all is going well with you, Chris and Art :)