News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

One year down the track

Started by Angus, 2008-11-23 22:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

A year ago I posted about the things that make me angry.  The HFEA still rile me up.  Not being able to use spermatids for ICSI still riles me.  The all too readily used default of donor sperm still makes me think that the men with this problem are second rate and are not seen as deserving any chances at pushing the research boundaries.  I feel like when you have azoospermia you are similar to having a terminal illness (from the point of view that no proven treatments are available) so you should be free to try the unproven and experimental.....but no... a year down the track the HFEA still does not let us do this.  We have nothing to lose.
HOWEVER......
My wife did go ahead with the donor sperm treatment.  We now have 4 month old babies (boy & girl).  They are very lovely indeed.  Mostly things are fine, 95% of the time I forget the donor sperm issue.  So I guess I am 95% reconciled and I guess that is not too bad.

bdudley

Well done - you got there twins, you went through a lot of hard work but in the end well you lucky guy.......... We are still on the roller coaster, but hopeful.