News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

PROPOSED NEW MEMBERS

Started by mensfe_admin, 2008-11-25 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

mensfe_admin

THIS IS AN APPEAL TO ALL OUR MEMBERS AND THOSE WISHING TO APPLY.

WE HAVE HAD OVER 40 REQUISTES FOR MEMBERSHIP OVER THE PAST 4 DAYS
IN ORDER TO SAFEGAURD OUR EXISTING MEMBERSHIP IT IS OUR POLICY TO VERIFY THAT NEW MEMBERS ARE GENUINE AND HAVE A CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS.
WE HAVE BECOME AWARE THAT SOME OF THE PROPOSED NEW MEMBERS MAY NOT BE GENUINE
AS SUCH THE PROCESSING OF NEW MEMBERS WILL TAKE LONGER, AS OUR POLICY IS TO HELP ALL WHERE POSSIBLE.

mensfe_admin

Please note the members auto counter appears to have a mind of its own
There are at this moment 1530 members.

robbyb

Two years ago there were over fifteen hundred members.
I wonder how many there are now.
Two thousand? Two and a half? Why won't people post?!

I don't get it.

chrisd

In the 2 years I have been posting on here I can count the mumber of posts by other people barring a few on one hand.

Surely they cant just be 10 men suffering with our problems.

Come on guys get it out, you never know it may help.

art

It's weird, isn't it?

I wonder whether it would be worth mensfe actually "advertising" on some of the womens fertility sites (fertilityfriend and so forth) to get women to suggest to their men that they come here?

robbyb

I found this site entirely by accident, after my wife had got a quite stunning amount of support from a forum she was, and still is, using.  She's met a load of the girls from there and now we're both good friends with a few of them and their husbands.
Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out when i registered on there and started a thread called something like "discussion for men". I posted a similar intro to the one on my thread here and all that happened was I got about twenty replies from the women! As my MWW pointed out, they just can't help themselves, they're all just too nosy!
Anyway, that prompted me to search a little harder and to find this site. So, I'm sorry to resurrect a dead post but it always has both confused and irritated me that it seems lots of people read my/Chris'/Ben's and now Art's stories but dont contribute.
I know that a) that's just men b) on a subject like this you shouldn't be pressurised into sharing and c) a lot of people find just reading other peoples stories very helpful ...
... but I see the support and friendships MWW has fostered in a more open and sharing environment ... and I see the struggle Chris and I had to get meaningful support in 'the early day's' and I just find it frustrating that such a valuable and unique forum is so tragically underused.

On a different but similar note: a personal thanks to the gremlins who opened and run/moderate this site.  It must be frustrating for you too, to run a site that only three people at a time use.

chrisd

I totally agree with Rob and I cannot say anything more.

I have gained so much help and support from this site that I feel that without it I would have broken into a sorrowful mess of pity and self disresespect.

Please join and like Rob says make some meaningful relationships as I know myself and Rob have and we will hopefully keep this friendship forever.

Chris