News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

This is me

Started by chrisd, 2009-05-11 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

art

Fabulous news Chris! :)

Many congratulations to you and your wife.

chrisd

Thanks Art. They do say good news comes in 3's so good luck to you both.

robbyb

(I could have sworn I had your mobile number so I typed this all out on the stupid, poxy iphone keyboard, thinking that I could text you! No access to the Internet here, you see!  So, if its short or abrupt, thats why! I'll send you my mobile number via Facebook, please send me yours!)

Hi Chris. What can I say except... Oh my God,  I am so excruciatingly excited!

I cannot quite express how happy I was when I got your email. So much so that I read half if it, punched the air and hissed "yessssss" in the middle of the street. I then scampered off to tell TWW, we hugged in the middle of the town Info centre and she asked me what you'd said. Obviously, I'd been so keen to tell her that I hadn't got past '[the wonderful FIANCÉ (!!!)] is pregnant', so I had to read it again!

Now, here's another good part... We are having our first ever family holiday and we're in York! You live in Sheffield, don't you?
What do you think about maybe meeting up Saturday or Sunday for lunch somewhere half-way? Maybe Castleford?

It would be really good to finally meet the two of you, and under such exciting circumstances.
It's not a commitment and we'd completely understand if you agreed to it now but decided not to later, or on the day.

The sooner you can let me know yes/no the better for us. Again: congratulations, my fingers hurt from the force of the crossing.

I hope hope hope this works.

The very, very best of luck to you both, our thoughts are with you.

Rob.

matthew

Incredible news Chris! Many congrats to you both!

Must be something in the water in Sheffield at the moment (that's where we live too)

Best of luck for the rest of the pregnancy :)

Matt

chrisd

Thanks Matt we are eagerly anticipating our next test on Monday, will be so much happier when that is over.

matthew

You do breathe a little easier as you feel it has all embedded a bit more. I hope you get a great result on Monday

Matt

art

Fingers crossed for Monday.

mensfe_admin

FROM ALL HERE TOO

robbyb

Good luck Chris.

chrisd

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your wishes.

Well we went to the clinic today for the second blood tests and after trying 21 times to get through to the results line we were given excellent news

................. The HCG result was 2147, the nurse was very happy with this result and said that the level was fantastic.  We will be on week 5 on Wednesday so we are over the moon with this result.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I must admit the last week has been very strange, it still hasnt sunk in properly, its beginning to now though.

We are back at the clinic on 21st for the first scan so now we can wait nervously till that.

Fingers crossed for you to Art, I hope you get a positive.

All the best

Chris

art

Great news again Chris! :)

matthew

That's great to hear Chris!

Well pleased for you!

Matt  :)

mensfe_admin

chrisd

Just thought I would drop a line to let you all know the progress.

Everything is going well and we have our scan on Thursday so we are hoping for more good news when we go to that.

My wonderful other half is doing everything she can to make a nice home for the embryo, eating plenty of nutritional food, getting lots of fruit and veg down her and taking lots of rest.

She is also displaying a few symptoms, she is starting to feel a bit dizzy occasionally and is getting extremely tired during the day, she is starting to feel a bit nauseas now and again but she hasnt acually been sick yet also things are growing but I wont say anything else as I think you can guess. The biggest thing is how emotional she is (in a good way) she is crying over silly little things on tv I think its funny and so does she but she just cant help herself although we did watch Marley and Me the other day and she even set me off weeping ha ha.  We know its still very early days as we are only at week 6 and know there is a long way to go. I keep saying to her that if this was a normal pregnancy i.e. it happened straight away without the need for treatment then we would not be over thinking things too much but after 5 years you do (if that makes any sense).

So roll on Thursday, we are really loooking forward to it, but also a little apprehensive.

All the best mensfe'ers

Chris

art

Hope the scan goes well.

We've already been through the pregnancy once with our first, but I'm sure this new one will be different again. It's another emotional rollercoaster, but with more feelings of nausea and clothes that don't fit any more. Doesn't stop it being great though! :)