News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

The Volcano,absence of flying and pregnancy

Started by sideg, 2010-05-06 07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

sideg

Many years ago when there was an unnatural disaster.."grid" failure in New York City, the birth rate rose substantially.No elevators,no television,etc etc.....were offered as explanations.

So what happened a few weeks ago when there are no flights and the "Mile High Club" members' activities temporarily suspended?

The events of some weeks ago offer an opportunity to observe the effect of the absence of flying on our fertility.

Those couples who were at their most fertile in that week have just done or are thinking about doing a pregnancy test .

Why hasn't the period come?Stress due to the absence of flying....or am I pregnant.

I suspect that there were many benefits to the absence of flying,a higher pregnancy rate in that week, being one of them.

Am I right?   

robbyb

I don't know; are you?
I don't think the lack of flights would make a shred of difference for people who are relying on IVF or other medical efforts to get them pregnant.  You may have a point on another forum where less flying may lead in some bizarre way to more bonking and then to more pregnancies.
But here ... Are you right?

No.  I think you're wrong.

chrisd

A volcano grounding air travel is not going to make the slightest difference to people who are suffering with low sperm count, poor egg quality, polycystic ovaries or any of the many other problems that people who use this site suffer from.

This is a site for people with fertility problems and the fact that planes have not been in the sky very much will have absolutely no impact on them getting pregnant.

I very much doubt that it would have an impact on anyone as only a small amount of people fly each day and also if their planes were grounded and their holiday was ruined I very much doubt that a session of how's your father would be at the top of their agenda.