News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

I cant be the only one, can I?

Started by chrisd, 2010-08-04 08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisd

Hello to everyone out there.

Am I really the only man in the world who feels that by using this site to put down my thoughts and feelings and to get things off my chest is a good idea.

I know that as men we have an inability to express our feelings but this site has really helped me to come to terms with all the things that are going off in my life as well as having a portal to get things off my chest.

over the 18 months or so since I found this site I have regulary posted information about my journey and gained a close confident in the form of Rob who has helped me no end in dealing with the trauma of being in an infertile couple as I hope I have doent the same for Rob.

Rob is now eagerly expecting the birth of twins which I am overjoyed at, as we have developed a friendship over our mutual problem.

There must be more guys out there who would benefit from putting it down in writing and expressing themselves.

The good thing about this forum is that it is totally anonymous, people dont know who you are they just understand the pain you are going through and want to help.

I believe that if it wasnt for this site them I would hav lost it and spiralled into a world of depression and self loathing.

SO please join me and share your situation.  You never know it might just help to put things in perspective.

All the best to you out there.

Chris

robbyb

For what it's worth, I find it utterly baffling that more men don't jump at the opportunity to rant and rave like we have done over the last year or so.

I can only presume that guys are either too shy or too dumb to realise the benefits of talking.

It's not councelling or psychiatry, it's just getting it off your chest!

??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::)

chrisd

I think I have proved my point.

42 people have looked but only Rob has replied.

Come on guys, get it off your chest.  You never know it might actually help.

Chris

robbyb

I guess you and I are the weird ones!

chrisd

We must be Rob.

Mind you I have been told a thousand times that I am not quite right in the head.

This must prove it ha ha.

Chris

JD80

I completely agree with you both. It's so easy to fall into a depressing state and feel alone. I've only recently joined, but already I have renewed faith and optimism.

Thank you