News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

Advice needed....

Started by Jonny10, 2011-12-07 03:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny10

The doctors diagnosed me with low sperm count ( 8 million ), 30 - 40 % motility, and DNA fragmentation at 43.5%

I started taking "Fertile Pro" and have been on One a day multivitamin for about a month now, I don't drink or smoke and have just cut Caffeine out of my diet completely. I read Chrisd's post and have been actively eating way more Zinc and Iron based foods...is there anything else i can do to get my numbers up and lower the fragmentation?

I'm seeing a Urologist in January, but I was wondering if there is something else I might be missing.

art

Hi Jonny10, and welcome to the forum. Nice to see a new person on here.

Have a look at this post: http://www.mensfe.net/forum/index.php?topic=128.0 where I was asking about factors which can impact sperm count and quality. Not sure specifically on the fragmentation point though.

Good luck with everything, and please keep posting. The more people who do, the more we can all support each other, and the more this community will build up useful information and resources for people in future.

Jonny10

Thanks for the advice Art, much appreciated.

chrisd

Hi Jonny

Welcome to mensfe.

There are lots of things that you can do such as what you are already trying, I personnally cut out all caffiene and alcohol, ate lots of iron rich and high fibre foods as well as wearing looser fitting jeans and trousers, not taking hot baths and showers. I think stress plays a big part to. Your count can vary from test to test so fingers crossed for you that next time your have a better result.

All the best.
Chris

Jonny10

Thanks Chris,

Remarkably, I decided to do a SA just to see what might be happening, and the results were a count of 10 million... up 2 million, but the big jump was the motility rocketed to 80%! So I'm just going to continue until I see the uologist. It's not much but it's a good start!.

chrisd

Its amazing how quickly things can change, I did it for 3 months solid.

Good luck with it all.

Chris

matthew

Hi Jonny, thanks for posting!
I had a count of 7m at first and I did similar things to what Chris suggests. For me it was mainly caffeine from fizzy drinks. I also drank a daily glass of pomegranate juice (even tho it's rank imho) and seriously upped my water intake. My count went from 7 to 9 and then on the day I gave my all-important IVF sample it was 17m, nearly up to an acceptable level!

The bath thing was key too. I took much cooler and quicker baths. Not sure what worked but I suspect a little of everything. If I had done more exercise I could have got it even higher!

Best of luck, let us know how it goes!
Matt