News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

My Secondary Infertility

Started by art, 2011-02-22 23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

art

Thanks Matthew.

I know that our initial HCG was good, but the worry is that if anything's happened that would result in a miscarriage then the HCG level will fall off, and that's obviously what we are desperately hoping hasn't happened. MWW's said that she doesn't "feel pregnant" whereas around this time with our daughter she was feeling really ill every morning.

MWW's in a much more optimistic mood this evening, and we've agreed that we don't plan to do another test this weekend, but we just hope that we can be strong enough not to!  :-\

matthew

I totally understand that Art, I think it's down to how the worry gets to you.  My wife was very superstitious so didn't want to test in case it somehow jinxed us, so probably would have found it difficult to take a test, even if we were asked to by the hospital!

I'm sure everyone will have said how "every pregnancy is different" etc but from those friends who I know that have had more than one child, it does seem to be true! 

It is a real head-mess though and I guess that's where talking to people is so critical, I would have ended up being committed if we'd dealt with it on our own.

I think it was easier for us as we knew we had a second blood test a week after to check progress.  if you're having to go straight through to the scan without that input I can imagine it's very tough indeed.  My wife has started with nausea so we know things are still happening.  She's feeling sick every day but is really happy about it!  Very strange situation to be in.

Anyway, I hope that wait goes a quickly as possible so you can get some more good news soon.

Matt

art

chrisd

I know it must be hard Art but I agree with Matt in how accurate are those tests really?

Just keep positive about next week and when you see the little heartbeat it will be all worthwhile.

All the best
Chris

art

Succumbed. Tested."3+". Happy. :)

chrisd

Very pleased for you.

Now put those tests away and relax.

Chris

matthew

Quote from: chrisd on 2011-08-01 15:17
Very pleased for you.

Now put those tests away and relax.

Chris

Lol. What he said.

Seriously, glad it gave a good result. Hope it gives you some peace of mind

Matt

art

We can definitely relax a bit now. Had our first scan today, and MWW and I were both really relieved to see a heart beating there (and only the one so no more surprises there!).

They measured it as 7 weeks plus 1 day (we know it's actually 7+2 of course, because the fertilisation took place in the lab!). So, around March 24th next year there should be another addition to the family!

I'm convinced that it's a boy as MWW has very different pregnancy symptoms to last time (she felt ill all the time, whereas now she's fine other than being tired and getting headrushes).

Hope things continue to go well for everyone else.

chrisd

Thats brilliant news Art, We are really chuffed for you.

All the best
Chris

mensfe_admin

All here too .....................

art

matthew

Great news Art! Really pleased for you both :)

art

Just to add a quick update to day that we've had our first NHS scan today. 13 weeks plus 3 days because MWW had an appointment which she couldn't reschedule last week so we had to rearrange the scan.

All looks amazing, much clearer than the 10+3 scan which we had with our daughter. We saw little legs kicking, arms moving around, and it looked like he/she was either chewing or talking to him/herself! ;D

As with Chris and Matt, I think that I'll be posting on here less now, but I'll keep looking in from time to time, and I wish everyone else who is going through this all the best. Thanks for the support I've had here, and good luck folks.

chrisd

Nice one Art, hope everything carries on progressing well.

All the best
Chris

matthew

Great stuff Art. Hope everything is still ok!
Matt