News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

My Secondary Infertility

Started by art, 2011-02-22 23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

art

We're currently at 31 weeks. MWW is having a few complications (similar to the first time we went through this) with "cholestasis of pregnancy" which basically means that her liver is having trouble so she gets very itchy. Not too serious, but means that they are likely to deliver her early, potentially around the start of March.

We might all be becoming Dads at the same time! Keeping my fingers crossed guys.

robbyb

Yeah, and any of you need fatherly advice, you know where to come!
Lol!

P.S.  For God's sake dont ask me anything!

art

Well, things are certainly starting to get close now!

MWW's cholestasis has worse over the last few weeks, and we've now been scheduled for a C-Section on March 9th, which would mean our little one arriving around the expected dates for Chris and Matt. However, things might progress faster than that even...

MWW started having regular contractions on Tuesday evening, and having had a C-Section already with our first child, with the complication of cholestasis, and with being only 35 weeks, we were asked to go into the hospital for monitoring. They kept her in overnight, as she was having contractions every five minutes or so, but since they weren't painful and weren't getting closer together or more intense, they expected to send her home on Thursday morning...until I got a call at 2am on Thursday saying "They're every two minutes and painful, and I'm being moved to delivery suite!" so I jumped in the car and dashed up to the hospital, to sit with MWW on a birthing ball and concentrate on breathing etc while we looked at the contractions and the baby's heart rate on the monitor. Everything seemed to be happening...and then at about 6am it all just stopped! MWW went back to ten minute apart, non painful contractions and even drifted off to sleep.

We stayed around for the rest of the day before being sent home, and have been told basically only to come back in if contractions get painful again. MWW's continuing to have them, but describes them as "mild period pain" rather than anything more severe, although she's feeling very big and uncomfy at the moment, and would really just like the baby to arrive now!

Hope the rest of you are all doing well, and I suspect that we'll all be celebrating at a similar time in the next few weeks. Will keep you all updated...

chrisd

All the best to you both, I hope everything goes well.

Chris

art

Things were more than "starting to get close"! :)

Yesterday morning, MWW gave birth to a lovely, healthy baby boy. Her waters broke just after 2am, and five hours later he arrived by normal vaginal delivery. At only 36weeks and 4 days, he was still a pretty healthy 2.85kg, and although MWW and he were kept in hospital overnight to ensure that feeding established well, we're now home and beginning to get used to the chaos and wonder of a new baby in our lives!

I would like to thank everyone on here who gave me support during the IVF process, and to say to any of the "lurkers" and others who read but don't post much that IVF really can work, and when it does it's the most wonderful thing in the world. The very best of luck to everyone else who is going through this.

Best wishes also to Chris and Matt, and I hope things go smoothly for you too.

chrisd

Congratulations to the both of you and welcome to the world baby Art.

We are so happy for you and your wife, enjoy fatherhood and everything that comes with it.

All the best to you and your family.

Chris

robbyb

HOOOORAY!
Congratulations Art and family!

Well done Mrs. Art and baby Art!

The very best of luck and the biggest of congratulations to you all.  Great news!