News:

This forum is now live for members so please register and make a difference!

Main Menu

A quick hello

Started by rocketandroll, 2009-07-21 08:37

Previous topic - Next topic

rocketandroll

I really wish sometimes I could control my own emotions a little better...

I want rationality to take hold and stop me from thinking 'what-if'.... but it's really hard...

The reason I am trying desperately not to have any hope is that the Mrs is now (as far as I can remember anyway) almost two weeks late. She said she thought it was just a week when I asked the other day, in which case it's a week and a half now.... but that's pretty unusual either way. I also noticed today that she has bought a load of new pregnancy tests and has used two in the last few days...

I really WISH I wasn't thinking "Well, it's unlikely but it COULD happen?"... ah well, may have to just ask her tonight, I figure she would have told me if there was even a chance.

Anyway... must concentrate, manic trying to get the house ready for Xmas still, family arriving tomorrow morning....

A merry Christmas to the three muskateers, and all the lurkers on Mensfe.

Ben

chrisd

We've got everything crossed for you Ben.

Hope you both have a fantastic Christmas and get everything you have ever dreamed of.

Chris

robbyb

Hi Ben...
How did Christmas go?

rocketandroll

Quote from: robbyb on 2009-12-29 21:33
Hi Ben...
How did Christmas go?

Rob, Chris... see your messages. Will post a public update in a week or so...

rocketandroll

Hi all

Ok, I felt I should post a quick update...

As you all know, just before Christmas I was trying to stop myself from wondering 'what if' due to my wife being a couple of weeks late... well, on Christmas eve morning, she gave me the best Christmas present I could ever have asked for... a pregnancy test with two lines in the little window.

I didn't want to post anything publicly until we were sure, but after three more positive tests over the last couple of weeks, and a scan today, I can happily say, mirracles DO happen.

Wife is feeling distinctly nauseous and baby is due on August 27th this year.

I know the problems people have when they come to this site are many and varied... but for those guys who have had some emotionless doctor calmly tell them that "You have a very low sperm count, you can't concieve naturally"... don't loose all hope. I don't for one minute think it's anything less than a fluke that we concieved after just a year given how low my count is... but I do want to think that if nothing else it brings a little hope to everyone else in the same situation.

I also want to say thanks to everyone on the site (Rob and Chris especially) without whom the last six months or so would have been a hell of a lot harder.

I will post a quick update later in the year just to let you know how it goes... other than that I'll just be lurking and hoping for a good outcome for everyone else on here, posters and lurkers alike.

Thankyou so much all.... and trully the very best of luck to everyone.

All the best

Ben

robbyb

As I've already said privately; congratulations.

This result is just what we all want to hear.  It can and does happen; there is hope for all of us.

Well done, Ben, and thank you.

Stick around,

Rob

mensfe_admin

Wonderful - Congratulations from all here.

rocketandroll

Hi all

I just wanted to post very quickly, just to say Rob and Chris, been reading your ongoing posts and am trully feeling for you guys and keeping everything crossed that we all get good news this year.

Also just to let everyone know we passed the big '12wk scan' milestone last week and all is fine, due date revised to Aug 22nd... finally feel we can start telling everyone. It's wierd... all the problems seemed to make it so much harder to accept and I have spent the last twelve weeks trying to stop myself from being excited because I have been subconsciously convinced it is all going to go wrong... which is stupid.

Anyway... just to say thanks again to everyone for all your support, especially Chris and Rob.

All the best guys

Ben

robbyb

Thanks Ben,
It's great to hear that you've passed that critical 12 week landmark.
Looks like you're well on the way to becoming Daddy-Ben!
Keep with the updates.
Rob.

chrisd

Nice one ben, 6 months and counting.

All the best.

Chris

rocketandroll

Hi all

Very quick update... had the 20+ wk scan on Monday... really incredible, it actually looks like a baby now, not only that but it was moving and reacting, hiding it's little face when the doctor pushed too hard with the ultrasound scanner.

The news however is... it's a girl!

The doctor was pretty positive, we have another scan Friday to confirm (long story about two scans in one week)... but it was pretty obvious.

Actually started buying clothes and stuff now... it's all even more real.

Think we've made a decision on a name too, which I thought would be a MUCH harder decision.

Anyway... will update maybe once more in a month or two before the big day.

Cheers all

Ben

rocketandroll

Ok... final update to this thread...

On August 31st at 5:00pm my lovely wife gave birth to Matilda Katherine, almost 9lbs.

Tilly is now three months old and is an utter joy, growing up so quick, already trying to talk :-)

We're just starting trying for number 2.... no idea if we just got insanely lucky this time and whether our luck will hold... but whatever happens, we are already really blessed.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone (Chris and Rob mainly of course) on the forum and end this (ultimately) happy tale.

Cheers all

Ben

chrisd

Congratulations Ben, so happy everything turned out so well for you.

Good luck with everything now and in the future.

All the best

Chris